He took one look at her shoes and asked, “Are you really going to wear those?” And Jen said, “Daaaaad, I need to Pop!” — AND SHE DID!
We just arrived to attend the First Year Engineering Conference*and met her before her presentation. It was a lively day with more than 500 professional looking Freshman presenting at their allotted time. A combination of interested parents, smiling upperclassmen hosts, eager presenters, and posters that hung on the walls created the energetic atmosphere. We
- saw Jen’s winning “best in group” poster,
- learned that Graphene and Carbon Nanotubes are the topics of interest to many students, across engineering disciplines.
- ate a plentiful and YUMMY Lunch!
- enjoyed Jen’s presentation skills
- watched the roommates’ visually interesting presentation.
- met the friend group parents and enjoyed a dinner for 12 at Lidia’s Pittsburgh.
The day was one of those days you feel blessed to have! Can’t wait for another event.
*Each year the entire First-Year Engineering class at the University of Pittsburgh participates in a professional-style conference. Each student and a partner prepare a conference research paper and poster then present their paper to their peers, alumni, family and faculty. This paper is the completion of a year-long writing project.