I spent an Amazing Day on Sunday, November 4 at the Firehall. As you might remember I’ve been working with a group of Nora’s friends (we lovingly call ourselves TEAM NORA) to support her as she heals breast cancer. Here’s a list of our exploits:
- 12 Silent Auction items were donated for the fundraiser on Nov 4, Steeler, Penn State Football, Pitt Basketball tickets were some of these items.
- 25 community friends came to our house to meet 4 times over the past 5 weeks
- 31 dinners have been delivered for Nora and Family since September 25.
- 40 days is all it took to deliver a spaghetti dinner fundraiser, our goal $10,000
- 50 people participate in TEAM NORA by email
- 100% of food and dinner supplies for Nov 4 were donated
- 100+ volunteers showed up the day of the Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser
- 100+ baskets were donated for the Chinese Auction
- 350 “Team Nora” T-shirts/Hoodies Sold, this number will probably reach 400.
- 800+ dinners were served
- $950 was raised in the 50/50 raffle. The winner drove 45 minutes to pick up his winnings and then donated half of his $950 back.
- A silent auction winner relisted his items on a website to increase bids.
- Monte Cellos of Zelienople donated spaghetti, sauce and salad, AND they sent 5 people to cook & serve.
- We had a DJ!
- NORA was able to enjoy the day with us for awhile!
Drum Roll please…..
$28,000 has been raised to date! More coming in everyday.
I’m feel so blessed that the people in this School District area have come together in such a powerful way! Thanks for witnessing, and send Nora lots of Healing Energy!